The greatest way to defend democracy is to make it work.
We aim to share and enhance knowledge through hands-on training, mentorship, the provision of expertise and practical tools based on the following priniciples.
- A nation's citizen are the only ones that can determine the evolution of their own democracy.
- Engagement and dialogue between peers is the most effective way to empower individuals and civil society.
- People are empowered by the awareness of co.mparative and alternative experiences in pluralism and democracy.
- While sharing basic and universal values, every democracy is the product of its unique context and traditions.
- In a globalized world, there are no borders for ideas. Technology has woven the world more closely together, and is a powerful enabler of the values of freedom, democracy, human rights and the rule of law.
- Assisting democratizing countries and those who believe in democracy to establish accountable institutions, processes and values that correspond with democratic values and freedoms contained within the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.